Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wednesday Update

Todays forecast: Blustery...colder...cloudy. Scattered flurries in the morning...then scattered snow showers in the afternoon. High around 17. Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30 percent. Wind chill readings to 3 below. I don't like blustery and colder.

Yesterday was another long day at work. After work I went to visit my Dad in the hospital. They had given him a blood transfusion because the cell count was low. The hospital social worker also wants to have him released to a nursing home. I have not talked with the social worker yet, so I am not real clear on all of the details yet. They also scanned my Dad's shoulder which has been hurting him for some time and they found a mass. The doctor had not come in to talk to him about the shoulder yet. I tried to get him to eat while I was there. He just takes one bite of everything and then says it is too hard to chew or he doesn't like it. I told him he needed to eat anyway and he won't even try. He will never get any stronger if he keeps acting like a child. I hope he does go to a nursing home.

Today I get to leave work one hour early with pay. I have to get my drug test for the new company. The lab they are using is on the SW side of town on 16th Ave. I hope it doesn't take more than an hour to get it taken care of.