Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thursday Update

Today's forecast: Mostly sunny. High around 18. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings to 18 below in the morning. Not as cold. Mostly cloudy. Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Low around 17. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the southeast after midnight. Chance of snow 80 percent. It figures we have plans to travel and there are good chances of snow. I hope this is wrong.

Yesterday was another day that just drug on at work. At least I got to leave early to get the drug test. The place that took the urine sample was just a little office. You signed in at the front desk and they took you in the back to what looked like a storage room. There were two cabinets where empty the "sample" cups were stored and a bathroom. You put your signature and the date on a sticker that would go on the cup and took the cup into the bathroom. Well, you know the rest. So that was a fun trip.

When I got home I found out my Dad is being transferred to the hospital in Iowa City for a biopsy on his shoulder. I hope they don't find anything too terrible. Doug spent part of the day taking Ilse to the Credit Union and then to the grocery store. She told him she only needed a few things and then did a full on shopping trip and took over an hour and a half to shop.

The rest of the evening was pretty relaxing. Just watched some TV. There wasn't much on though. We ended up watching Man vs Food.