Today's forecast: Colder...sunny. High around 11 below. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings to 50 below. Dang that's cold!!
Yesterday I passed a 4 car crash on East Post Road. I didn't think the road was too bad, it had been sanded. But at the top of the hill between the stop light and Cottage Grove there was a truck & SUV in the ditch and two smaller cars (both very crunched) on the road all in the same place. Two police cars were there assisting. The drive after that was uneventful.
When I got to work there was just me and 2 school tech guys. I soon found out 3 of my co-workers had already called in and my supervisor would not be in. Two co-workers arrived at 8:30, but one of them had to leave at 10 because she found out her day care was closed and her husband had to go to work. I would think he should have been the one to stay home with the kid if she was already at work. That left just two people to man the phones all day. There was hardly a minute to breath all day. Our supervisor says she will by lunch for the two of us on Friday. That is of course if she makes it in. She lives in rural Fairfax.
When I got home we had snow to shovel so we can park and get the cars out. The snow was actually pretty light. But it was very cold and my tush took all night to thaw out. I was bundled up pretty good, so the rest of me stayed pretty warm. I will have to take pictures of all the mountains of snow we have piling up in our yard. We are afraid when all this snow finally melts we will have a lot of water in our basement.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
