Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Update

Today's forecast: Sunny in the morning then becoming partly sunny. High around 19. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 9 below in the morning. A bit cold this morning.

Happy Inauguration Day!

I had a very busy day yesterday. I went to check on Ilse before going to the nursing home. An ambulance service was called to transport my Dad in a van to his oncology appointment. My sister & her husband got into town just before 11 and met us at the oncology office. After we were finished talking with the doctor I rode back to the care center with my Dad and we got him settled back in there. Needless to say he was very tired.

Since we were all getting hungry we met with Doug at the Red Lantern for a late lunch. We had a nice chat there. After eating I decided to go with Susan & Dave over to my Dad's house to check in on Ilse and let her know what we found out at the doctor appointment. After we were finished there I went home and Susan and Dave went to see Dad again. They later met with her son Hunter and had supper with him.

Susan and Dave are staying at our house. We were all up until about 1:45 talking things over and telling lots of stories embarrassing and otherwise. Needless to say even though I went to bed late I could not sleep in and was up at my usual 5:00 am. So here I set an write my blog posting.

I am looking forward to watching the inauguration her with Doug, Susan & Dave. After that we have another busy day.