Today's forecast: Cloudy. A slight chance of snow showers in the morning. A chance of snow showers in the afternoon. High in the lower 20s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent. Low around 9. Wind chill readings to 2 below.Not too bad.
Yesterday was spent taking Ilse to visit my Dad at Manor Care and later grocery shopping. My Dad said the doctors told him he is definitely going to pass away from cancer. He seems to want it to happen sooner than later. I am not real impressed with the care center. The parking is minimal and it is difficult to drop off an elderly person who is coming to visit someone there. The attendants and dietitian that came to his room while I was there were very nice. However, when I went to the nurses station to ask about his pain medication one of the nurses (or whatever they are) was very rude. My Dad is still not the least bit interested in eating. He is also not the least bit interested in having any more company and is not taking phone calls.
Enough of the depressing stuff. I am just glad I have a 4 day weekend. Today we are serving a nice warm Chili and will also have a small pot of Chicken & Rice Soup. That should take the chill away.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
