Yesterday was a pretty typical Saturday. I went shopping in the afternoon, Doug and I did some house cleaning and then we had supper. After supper Mark and Wanda came over to watch Drew Barrymore's new HBO movie Grey Gardens. It was a very good movie based on a 1975 documentary about two recluse women, they were the aunt and first cousin of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. They lived together for over 50 years at Grey Gardens in squalor and isolation.
After the movie Mark and Wanda stayed a while and we talked and tried to find something else to watch, we mostly channel surfed from what I remember. I was very tired and although I woke up at 4 this morning for about an hour and a half, I went back to bed and slept until about 9.
I have not heard from Thomas yet this morning, so I have not heard how prom turned out last night. Thomas did call last night at around 10 and said the kids were having a great time. So, I am sure everything went fine.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
