Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Wednesday Update

This week is going by quicker than last week. I'm grateful for that. I think it might be because we have been busy after work. Monday night was dumpster diving and picking sweet corn, last night was freezing corn. I cleaned the "silk" off the ears while Doug cut the corn off the cobs. When he was done with the cutting I got the corn ready for blanching. Then Doug did the blanching while I cleaned up the mess we left in the dining room. I filled the freezer bags with the corn and Doug sealed the bags. The bag sealer kept getting clogged so it took longer than it should have. We ended up with about 51/2 bags for the freezer. We also left out about a dozen ears for eating this week. I had some with our delicious Zucchini Lasagna last night.

Thomas and Diedre were in town visiting the parents. They had come down to pick up some things from Diedre's Grandma in Williamsburg and to pick up things for their garage sale from her parents. Thomas stopped by for a few hours to visit us, while Diedre visited with her family. Wanda also stopped by to take a look at the Stampin' Up catalog and place an order. Wanda ate some Zucchini Lasagna with us. We also sent some home for Mark to try.


A few of the bags we put in the freezer.