I sit here this morning and wish I could go give Thomas and Diedre a big hug. I am glad the storm was not any worse than what it was. They have lots of property damage, but at least no one was hurt. Although they are getting small cuts from glass. At least Home Depot and others came to town to help people get their properties boarded up safely.
I guess the elementary school has quite a few windows broken out. Thomas said they will see if they can spend part of today helping out at the school. He likes living in a small town because everyone pitches in to help everyone. The only bad part is they are prone to this type of storm.
We had a bit of a storm here last night. This morning at about 6:15, I thought I heard a chain saw. When I took the trash out a few minutes later, I saw 'Lawnboy' from across the street sawing his tree that is closest to the street side. He was clearing some of the tree that was hanging over the fence. It appears the tree may have been split in two or it may have multiple trunks and one was blown over. It is hard to see because of the fence.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
