I'm so glad the rain has stopped. We still have a trickle of water everywhere in the basement, but no water coming up from the sewer drains. I think trickling water will stop once the ground has absorbed more of the water. We are hoping Marion will decide to do a big free trash pickup day. We have some things that got wet that will absolutely have to go.
I am a little concerned because Doug took a tumble in the basement yesterday and cut himself. I hope he doesn't get any weird infections from the nasty water in the basement.
I felt very bad for Doug yesterday, fighting the water all on his own. He said Mao alerted him to it about 9 yesterday morning. The water got rather high and our 1 sump pump just wasn't cutting it. He found the spare we have in the basement and got it going. He also went to Menard's and bought 2 more and Johnny even brought one over for him to use for a while. He had it pretty much under control when I got home. Although the water in Thomas' old room did not go down until sometime during the night. We talked with a group of neighbors that came over and we all agreed we need to go to the next City Council meeting and encourage them to do something about the sewers instead of moving 7th Ave.
Even though everything is a mess in the basement, I know we will work together to get it back in order. And this just forces us to finish the clean-out we started earlier in the summer.
I think today is going to be a very good day.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
