I want this rain to stop. The city had the pump in the sewer until about 8 last night. Now when I woke this morning the water was pumping out of the floor drain near our washer & dryer again. Luckily they are raised up from the main floor and out of the water. I gave the sewer department a call to come out and hook up the pump again. Of course all I could do was leave a message, I found no emergency number. Supposedly they check the messages at 7 AM, I really hope so. The drain and sump just can't keep up.
We also had our lights go out last night just before 10. It was only our house, no others on the block, this kind of worried us. Doug went to the basement to check the fuse box and found nothing there. I called Alliant to come out and check it and then I went to bed. Doug thought it was the electrical line going from the street to the house. They run it through the big pine trees out front and the wear from the trees and squirrels is quite bad. This is what it ended up being and the lights came back on just before midnight. Doug said they did a very good job. This is the second time our electricity has been interupted by this. At least we did not have to call an electrician to find out this time.
PS: They started the pump up again at 6:30 and the water went back down the drain immediately.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
