Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday Update

Today's forecast: Mostly sunny. High in the lower 20s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 9 below in the morning. Sounds pretty cold to me.

Yesterday was a fairly slow day at work, even though two of our c0-workers were gone. One because of the weather and the other was sick. Our supervisor also could not make it in because of the weather. I actually did not have any problem driving to work. I followed the Marion snow plow and sand truck to the Cottage Grove turn off where they turn around and head back to Marion. The rest of East Post was well sanded, so it was easy driving. I went around the curves a bit slower than normal just in case.

When I got to work the elevators were not working again, so I had a bit of difficulty getting to my floor. I tried the freight elevator, but when I got to the 4th floor the utility door was closed and it is too far from our work area for anyone to hear me banging on the door. I took the freight elevator back to the 2nd floor and tried the main elevator and it was working this time. at least I wasn't late for work.