Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Update

Today's forecast: Mostly sunny. High around 6. West wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the south 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Wind chill readings to 29 below. I still don't like the wind chill.

Although I had a long weekend it went very quickly. Yesterday was a very busy day. In the morning I baked monkey bread and made Wreath cookies. I also washed all the dishes from baking cookies the night before. In the afternoon Doug was busy with all the last minute appetizer fixings. I even braved the cold long enough to shovel the sidewalk. Thank goodness it is a short sidewalk. Then I went to the store because we had forgotten the ingredients for our party punch. It was cold but livable (I had 5 layers on; long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie & winter coat.)

For a while we weren't sure if we would have a very good turn out due to the bitter cold weather. We had a few cancellations (we later found out one was a false cancellation - Jacob had emailed to say they were not coming and later Sara called to say she and the kids would be coming). The guests were Cathy Thomas, Mark, Wanda & Matt, Sara, Nick & Ana, Amy, Pat, Chase, Nick, Breckin & Ella and Johnny.

Even though it was only appetizers everyone got very stuffed. After we ate the gifts were handed out. The kids all seemed to like what we got them and the adults were thrilled as usual. We got a very nice gift from the Jordans, the warmest blanket ever and a Fareway gift card. What good friends...