Today's Forecast: Windy...snow...freezing rain and sleet early in the morning...then snow in the late morning and afternoon. Areas of blowing snow in the late morning and afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. High in the upper 20s. Temperature falling through the day. North wind 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. It was already raining when I woke up this morning. I hope it is not icy for my drive to work.
Nothing too exciting happened yesterday. A normal Monday at work, except everyone was there! The day actually went fairly quickly. I just hope the rest of the week does the same.
After work I stopped in to check on Ilse. I also had to drop off some wrapping paper and scotch tape she had asked me to pick up. She is doing fine, but says she misses my Dad. I stayed and chatted for a while. She talked about her childhood on the farm and how she had appendicitis when she was 12. She is convinced that my Dad has appendicitis. If my Dad is still in the hospital this weekend I suppose I will need to take her to visit him. It is too hard to take her during the week in the cold evenings.
For supper Doug and I had Spam Burgers. We have both been craving them. A good Spam Burger once or twice a year is very satisfying. Spam, spam, spam, spam...
We watched a new episode of Top Gear. The hosts were challenged to make their own police cars from old clunkers and put them to the test. Jame's car had a siren that sounded like an ice cream truck and Jeremy's siren sounded like a cow mooing. This is one of our favorite shows.
I also sat down and finished most of my Christmas cards now I just need a few more stamps, a few more addresses and a mail box.
Later Thomas called and said he and Diedre had given Parker a bath. Remember last month I had warned him not to bath the cat. Now they have the scratch and bite marks to show it is not such a good idea to bathe a cat, especially one who has claws. They had anticipated the horror though as they took before and after photos of Thomas' arms.
It is just before 6 AM and Thomas called to say they have a snow day. Lucky Teachers!
It's coming down
Snow pains on the motor veins
Keeps your business on the ground
It's coming down
Slow day for the teacher
And her wheels are spinning now
On account of winter, Mrs. Braintree
All the roads are closed
And the stores are loot for vagabonds
It's coming down
Go home!
It's coming down
Snow lays on the chainfields
There's a blessing on the ground
It's coming down
If your lanes are crammed with children
There's a blessing on your town
On a lucky Monday, Mrs. Braintree
All your lanes are waxen silver
And the stores are loot for vagabonds
It's coming down
Go home! Go home and take a snow day, Mrs. Braintree!
Mrs. Braintree, you're a chilly northern woman
Go home from yonder bus stop
Because there's a blessing on the ground
Mrs. Braintree, it is written
When the snows come over Dixie
All the roads are closed and the stores are loot for vagabonds.
It's coming down
Snow lays on the chainfields
There's a blessing on the ground
It's coming down
If your road's patrolled by children
There's no order to be found
On account of winter, Mrs. Braintree
All the roads are closed
And the stores are loot for vagabonds
It's coming down
Go home!
Trip Shakespeare
Long and Winding
16 years ago
