Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday Update

Today's forecast: Blustery. Not as cold. Occasional snow until late afternoon...then snow likely late in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. High in the upper 20s. South wind 15 to 25 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill readings to 3 below in the morning. I hope the weather is not too bad this afternoon. Thomas and Diedre plan to drive here after school today.

The internet is very slow this morning. It is annoying the crap out of me!

Yesterday was a good day at work. The phones were not too busy, even after we were not in on Friday. The corporate office sent two boxes to our office; one with cookies & cakes and one with fruits, snacks, meats & cheeses. So we snacked all day. We also received our new 19" flat screen monitors. Mine did not get hooked up until just before I left, so I did not get a chance to enjoy it yet.

After work I decided to stop by Target to get the last of my stocking stuffers. It took me 15 minutes just to get from the 380 turn off to Blairsferry Road the line of cars was backed up onto the highway (not very safe, but once your were there you were stuck). It took another 10 minutes to get to Target once I hit Blairs ferry and 5 minutes getting through the traffic at Target. I stayed in Target long enough to let the traffic slow down a little bit.

When I got home my brother Mark was visiting. He stayed for a while and we had a very nice chat. He even had a chance to talk to Tommy on the phone. It was after 8 by the time Mark left, so we decide to order pizza. The Pizza Hut web site is so frustrating to order from. We had to wait quite a while for the pizza to arrive. It finally was delivered at around 9:40 and it wasn't very warm. Needless to say I didn't really enjoy the pizza because I was half asleep and even too tired to warm it up. I will take left over pizza to work today and am sure I will enjoy it then.