Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Update

Yesterday was a wildlife day for me. On the way to work I saw about 10 turkeys at the side of the road on East Post. After supper I went on a walk through the cemetery. I like walking through the cemetery because it is peaceful and a good workout because of all the hills. I was almost to the exit that leads to the park when a deer jumped the fence into the cemetery. I walked a little ways on the Thomas Park trail and then headed back to the cemetery. Back in the cemetery I saw another deer or I'm pretty sure it was the deer that jumped the fence. He was eating grass. As I walked back through the cemetery it started to get dark. I was getting close to the street exit when I saw 2 smaller deer ahead on my left. Then on my right I saw a much larger deer. I was thinking, I just hope if that is the mother she doesn't get mad and rush me or something. Of course the only thing that happened was they all ran off in different directions. Back on the sidewalk and headed for home, I passed by a gray tiger cat that was on someones steps. It looked at me and ran away. I ended the day with 14342 steps.

We watched Dexter last night. It is good to have that show back on. After Dexter, Wanda stopped by to see how we liked the show as she had watched it on Sunday with Amber. We also talked about Saturday and everyone who is planning to come up to Diedre and Thomas'. She said her and Mark will probably spend Saturday night in State Center at Amber's place. We are pretty certain that it will be Doug, myself, Mark, Wanda, Sara, Ana, Nick and Hunter. Doug got an email from Chloe yesterday asking about it and we are hoping Chloe and Matt will drive over to Eldora together. Amber will probably arrive sometime around 3. It sounds like Pizza Ranch will be the eating choice. After oohing and awwing at Diedre and Thomas' house we also hope to get another tour of the school. It should be a good time.