Saturday, September 06, 2008

Saturday Update

Yesterday morning John and Elaine packed up to go over to stay at Curt's. They left around 9:15 AM. I was very surprised that Mao came over by the door to say good-bye to them. This evening we are going over to Curt's for a little while for his 50th birthday party.

Yesterday after John and Elaine left I mowed the lawn. The weather was just right for mowing. I didn't even get hot until at the very end. Doug had to come out once to help me start the mower. I am just not good at starting this new mower for some reason. In the afternoon I also took a fairly long walk.

We have lots to do this morning. We forgot to make the pasta salad for Curt's party yesterday, so we will be making that along with baked beans. The Swamp Fox Parade is also this morning. We always set out in the yard and watch the parade go by. Afterward we usually see Dan and Gail; and sometimes Amy and her brood.

That is all I have this morning, as I also would like to get a walk in this morning. Yesterday I took 15358 steps.