Back to work after a week of vacation. I hope it is so busy that the week goes by quickly.
Yesterday was a pretty relaxed day for Soup Sunday. I got up early, checked the garden and waited for John and Elaine to come over to pick up tomatoes to take to Minnesota. John finally showed up around 10. I guess they must have been a bit hung over. He said Elaine was still at Curt's helping to clean up after the party.
After John left I went on my morning walk. I needed to pick up a few things at the store, so I told Doug I would stop somewhere while on my walk. I wasn't sure where I was going to walk to. I had some frustrations to walk off, so I decided to walk down 5th Ave. At first I thought I would just walk to Hy Vee Drug. But the closer I got, I thought I've come this far, I may as well go to Hy Vee. It was a long walk, but not bad. It took an hour and a half. There was actually a nice cool breeze which helped. I could not have done it had it been hot and humid. My final walk count for yesterday was 13566.
When I got home I made chocolate chip cookies. One was a large round bar type cookie, which I decorated for Justin and Jamie's birthdays. I also made two cheese balls, one was vegetable and one was vegetable with bacon.
The soups were very good; chicken noodle and white chili. At first it did not look like anyone would show up, although we knew Jacob was coming. We were not sure when he got off work. He showed up around 5. Then Johnny showed up and stayed long enough to have both soups. Wanda and Mark also showed up. They had been in State Center. They took Amber her couch this weekend. It ended up being a good evening with a little political talk and lots of laughs.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
