The start of another week. I want to be sleeping.
Yesterday turned out to be a very good day. I did my usual Sunday morning computer stuff first (checking blogs, email and playing Mahjongg). I have noticed that Menards had AA & AAA batteries on sale and we had just talked about needing new batteries the night before. So I decide that for my morning walk I would go to Menards. It took about 20 minutes to get there. Once there I bought the batteries and walked back home. I took a little longer route home, so it took about 30 minutes to walk back.
Once I was back home I woke up Doug and started to make Banana Bread for Soup Sunday. I looked for the brown sugar and found we did not have any. I thought we did because John and Elaine had bought us some when they were here. They had asked if we needed anything one day when they were going to the store, one of the things I asked for was brown sugar. We ended up not using it because we already had enough for the beans we had made. So, I guess they must have taken it with them. Old people!
So I ended up making a trip to the store. This time I drove the car. If I had more time, I would have considered walking again. But the last time I walked to Hy-Vee it took an hour and a half. Once back home I completed the Banana Bread and was dishes and laundry.
Next it was time to help with the soups. I mainly brought all the vegetables for Doug to chop. The vegetable soup had red cabbage, green pepers, zuchinni, corn, green beans, onions mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, white potatoes and sweet potatoes. The broth from it tasted like is would from a canned soup you buy (very Campbells like). It was very colorful and very good. I wish we had taken a picture. The Stuffed Pepper soup had everything you would find in stuffed peppers. Peppers, rice, tomatoes, hamburger, onions and spices. Also very, very good. We had a good size group with Jamie, Jacob, Sara, Nick, Ana, Mark and Wanda.
I ended the day with 19074 steps.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
