Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Update (cont.)

Chloe came home just in time to see Amy and the kids. She also had lunch with us. Doug made sloppy joe's with the leftover hamburger from the beans. They were yummy. Doug and Chloe decided to relax and take a nap before going to Curt's party. So I went to my Dad's to take them some pictures of Thomas and Diedre's house and flood pictures for Ilse to send to her daughter in California.

This was the not so fun part of the day. It was all one big guilt trip. My Dad stayed on the couch the whole time, moaning about his back and legs. This was because he had been painting. He also wanted to tell me something and Ilse kept getting in the way so he could not see my face. So, of course he had to keep yelling at her to move or to be quiet. This annoys me because she usually has something more fun to talk about any way; like "Oh! Look at the little red squirrel."

Dad said that on Labor Day he had stopped by RJ Construction to ask about porch railings. They were closed but the owner was there and talked to him anyway. He said, this guy was so interesting, Doug would like to talk to him. He showed him his electric truck and talked about solar panels for the house. I told Dad that Doug already knows the guy, because it is Mark Jordan's brother. I also told him Doug has taken a ride in the electric truck before.

Back to the whole guilt thing, just before I left, Ilse said my Dad would feel so much better now that I stopped by. He just doesn't see me enough and it gets him down. Oh, brother!

After leaving Dad's I went for a walk on the Sac & Fox Trail. It really got washed out from the floods and was a very rough trail in spots. I walked about a half hour. (Step count for the day was 11072.) Then it was time to come home to get ready for Curt's party.

We left for the party a little after 5. We gave Curt his gift when we got there. We got him one of the crank flashlights. I wrapped it in an adult diaper that I had gotten as a sample. I attached some black roses and a pin that said, 50 and Over The Hill and a ribbon that said Look Who's 50. Curt got such a kick out of it that he wore the diaper over his jeans for a while. It was hilarious.