Yesterday was a good day. I got a $0.45 raise at work and will receive retro pay from the first of the year on my next check. Not a lot, but hey, it will help pay for the raising cost of gas. I don't like this $3.09 I am seeing at the pump!
Chloe is already up and out the door this morning. She has to go to Cedar Falls and spend the day with Jim's family. Not exactly her favorite people, but she says she is doing it for her mom.
Ross' father had an accident yesterday. A large equipment tire exploded and broke his femor bone in his leg. He had surgery and Chloe says he is doing well. He has a pin in the leg. The skin on his right hand was also torn back. He is very lucky because many times when a tire explodes the person is usually either killed or blinded.
My dad called yesterday and said his sister Mary Ellen is in St Luke's hospital. It sounds like she is forgetting to take her insulin because of her alzheimer's. Once she gets out of the hospital, my cousin Julie is having her put in a nursing home in Mechanicsville and eventually in Mt Vernon where Julie lives. It's kind of creepy how my aunt is now looking almost exactly like my grandmother did at her age.
Two of Diedre's plants have safely made the trip from our house to her apartment in Waterloo. I hope they are happy there. Tear :(
Long and Winding
16 years ago
