Yesterday I had a bad start to my day at work. I signed on to my computer and all was well until I launched the site we use for order management. Everything was in Japanese instead of English. I thought restarting the computer would be a good idea. Not such a good idea. I tried to sign on again and this time I kept getting the same error that my computer was not connected to the network. We called our company IT department because our on site "IT" person was out for the day. It seems when my computer was set up for administrator log in something wasn't done correctly and it had caused the sign on problem. The Japanese problem was solved by contacting the company that manages our order management site. They said, "Oh, you didn't want to learn Japanese today?" I'm not sure I explained this all correctly. Any way it was almost an hour and a half before I could actually do any work at the computer. I guess in a way that was a good thing. But, I felt kind of bad because there were already two other people gone that day.
Last night we finally took the van to the car wash. I helped with vacuuming and Doug washed the van. Afterward we wiped down the windows and door jams with towels to make sure nothing would freeze up. At home we watched American Idol and Scrubs.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
