Yesterday went by pretty quickly, as I had suspected it would. In the AM I blogged and did some laundry & dishes. After lunch Doug and I went shopping for Ilse's birthday gift and then went over to her house. Her birthday was Friday. She liked her gift of artificial potted flowers. You can't go wrong with fake flowers for her. I helped her write checks for her current bills. We also tried to help her find their marriage license, which she is finding she can't do a lot without. It looks like she is going to have to order it to be sent from CA. My Dad kept every little scrap of paper way back to the 1950's, but it is hard to find anything current after 2000. Not too helpful when you are trying to put together things for a widow who has no clue about anything.
Last night after supper Doug and I went grocery shopping. After we came home we watched some TV and I went through some boxes of personal letters and cards my Dad had saved. I don't think he ever threw out so much as an envelope from any of his kids, his sister, a cousin or his mother. I also sit here and try to erase images of something we found at his house that both Doug and I wish he had thought to destroy before passing on.
Today will be busy with cleaning and finishing laundry. Doug also would like to wash the van, as we never got around to it yesterday. The poor thing is filthy.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
