It was 3 for 3 yesterday. Everyone was at work again yesterday. This might be a record week for the year.
Last night I stopped to check on Ilse. I got a few things at the store for her. Health wise she seems to be doing alright. She has been trying to pay her bills on her own, which I keep advising her not to do. And now it 'seems' she has lost her check book. She gets agitated every time I mention that she must balance the check book.
Doug made supper while I was attending to Ilse. We had salisbury steaks and mashed potatoes. This has become one of my favorite meals. After supper we looked through some more letters and pictures that I found in my Dad's things. Most of the pictures I had never seen before.
We had to wait until after the UNI/Drake basketball game to watch American Idol. UNI blew it at the very end of the game, they could have won it. Two of the three chosen to go on to the Top 12 were who Doug and I had picked; Danny Gokey and Alexis Grace. The third, Michael Sarver, we would not have picked. He was a favorite of the Country Western viewers evidently. This year they will have a wild card round, where some of those voted off tonight will be called back for the judges to choose three more finalists. This will happen after the next two groups are voted on by viewers.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
