Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Update

Yesterday was a busy day of washing dishes, laundry and shopping. I also took over an hour long walk. While walking I saw two different houses where it looked like they were either getting evicted or they were getting ready for a very large trash pickup, including a lot of their furniture.

Saturday must be a big day to visit graves, I saw three different cars pull in and park while I was walking through. One man got out of his car and took an Iowa Hawks flag from the flag holder by one grave and replaced it with a Halloween flag. This was all he did and then he left. I had noticed that same grave a few days earlier because there was a nice vase of fresh flowers next to it. The flowers were still there.

While heading down 3rd Ave. towards home I saw a group of college aged boys in a yard playing a drinking game. They had two metal poles about 3 feet high stuck in the ground. They would balance an empty beer bottle on each pole, a person from each team would throw a frisbee and see if they could knock the beer bottle off of the pole. When they said the score it was 8 to 11. They were having a blast.

When I got home Wanda was there visiting with Doug. She had stopped by to get our left over spinach for her pasta salad. (We had the spinach on our chicken pizza on Fri.) After she left I had supper, Doug wasn't hungry yet. And then we went to the store. Shortly after we got home from shopping, Thomas arrived back from the wedding. He visited for a little while and then had to leave to go back home. I wish they could have stayed for today's Soup Sunday. I didn't get to see much of Diedre this weekend, plus my niece Amy and her family will be coming for Soup Sunday.

Well I guess I had better go mow the yard, I never got to it yesterday. Plus, I have the usual Sunday cleaning to do. By the way my walking steps for Saturday were 10322.

"Walking is the very best exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far." - Thomas Jefferson