Yesterday was a productive day. I raked leaves in the front yard. There were so many that I ran out of yard bags. I filled 3 trash cans and 7 bags. I need to buy more bags so I can finish picking up the leaves. And of course the trees still have more leaves, so I will have a few more days of the same before the season is over.
In the afternoon, Doug and I drove over to Sandy's to pick up the snow blower for Deidre and Thomas. We had only moved the seats forward in the van, so the snow blower handles stuck out too far to actually close the back door on the van. We had also forgotten to take a bungee cord. So, I got to take a very cramped ride in the back of the van holding the door down. My legs were about to explode by the time we reached home. We have not tried to start the blower yet, as we need to mix some gas, it was completely dry of gas.
It sounds like Thomas and Diedre had fun at the Wartburg homecoming festivities. Wartburg won over Loras 35-7. They stayed at The Isle and did a little losing at the gambling tables. They had fun though, that is the main thing.
Today is the day that Diedre and Thomas get to bring home Luke and Parker. I am so excited for them! I hope everything turns out well. This next week will probably be a little trying for them getting used to having 2 pets in the house.
I managed to get a walk in yesterday. Nothing too eventful happened. My step count was 11695. Today is the final day of th 10,000 steps-a-day program. Here is a motivational tip Cornerstone Fitness sent to me today. 'Did you know that women who walk 40-45 minutes, five times a week are sick with colds or the flu half as often as sedentary women? (Appalachian State University).'
Long and Winding
16 years ago
