Yeah, it is a double good day! I get off work at 2 and Diedre and Thomas are coming home for a visit. Doug is planning something special for supper. Yum, yum.
I am getting frustrated, trying to pay bills online and Mediacom won't take me to the sign in sites or if I am able to attempt a sign in, the page is not found. Yet I was able to sign in to my blog with no problem. What's that all about. Wonderful Mediacom service I guess.
Yesterday at work one of the toilets in the ladies room went crazy. It was flushing every 2 seconds and water was splashing all over. Our managers called the building maintenance three times and they never came. One of the managers finally found a way to shut off the water to the toilet. Maintenace finally came when they called a 4th time and told them water was all over the floor and they had shut off the water.
When I got home I took my usual walk. I went past the football field and through Thomas park. On the way there I passed a bunch of people gathering to watch the Homecoming Parade. From the park I went through the cemetery. I saw a boy on a bike and three men mowing the cemetery grass. Just as I was leaving the cemetery and getting back on 3rd Ave. the parade started coming by. It wasn't more that two blocks long and I walked completely past it before I even reached 10th Street. The pictures of the Eldora parade put the Marion parade to shame. What happened to school pride? The best float in the whole parade was a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot one. I ended the day with 11471 steps.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
