I am so used to getting up early in the mornings that I could not sleep in. This is a long weekend for me, I took a vacation day on Monday. Ashley also has no school on Monday. I have been searching all morning for good freebies. Not much out there that I haven't already signed up for. Maybe I should go to slickdeal.net (see below).
I have also been looking at everyone's blogs. Jacob finally updated his. The Garden State - Jeff Braff blog is pretty cool.
Last night Ashley's friends Jeff and Keeley came over for supper and to watch Garden State. Keeley also spent the night and will be going home around 10 this morning. They liked the weenie wraps and chips we had for supper. Doug also made a big batch of popcorn. I ate way too much popcorn while watching "The Cat and the Canary." This was an old move remake from the 70's. The original move came out in the 30's.
Jacob and Sarah gave us a frozen turkey that we are going to use for this weeks soup. We put it in a brine to soak last night. I need to remind Doug to post on his blog today.
Today Ashley and I will be going to Amanda's wedding shower at 2. Chloe has to babysit or she would be come along as well. We will probably just put money on the money tree, as I have no idea what to get her.
So there is a web site called slickdeals.net that has posted offer promotion codes for Broderbund programs and people have been trying to scam the company for free software. It is funny to read all of the comments people have posted about the deal they think they are getting away with. A few orders did go through before we started to notice. We spent most of Thursday and Friday trying to track down the orders that were placed so they could be canceled. The only problem is we cannot trace them unless we know the customers email address. We did delay all orders being placed online and put the Print Shop that most people were ordering on backorder, so that customers would call to check for their order confirmations. Luckily they are greedy and cannot wait and a few called to check the order status. They were even telling us this is a valid offer because it is posted on slickdeals.net. We than tell them this offer is not authorized by our company and there was a system error that allowed multiple promotion codes on one order and those orders are being canceled.
Long and Winding
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment