Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Update

This weekend went very quickly, I guess because it was a busy weekend. On Saturday I did my usual shopping, plus I had to find a 'First Communion' gift for Holland. I also did laundry and a little cleaning. Sunday morning I made a Strawberry Swirl cake with sliced strawberries in the middle and on top of the frosting. It was yummy. I also made potato salad. In the afternoon we went to Holland's 'First Communion' celebration. They had the good sandwiches from Walmart and a Coldstone ice cream cake. Later Sunday afternoon, Ilse and my Dad stopped by. She wanted to see Thumper and give me a winter scarf she had bought on clearance.

We had junk-yard dogs, pasta salad, potato salad, and baked beans for supper. Lauren brought the baked beans and Wanda brought cereal treats. Wanda was tired because she had chaperoned a prom party for Matt and his friends the night before. We also got to see Amber and give her birthday gift before she leaves for China.

I hope Johnny and Ethan made it to China alright. They left yesterday right after Holland's 'First Communion'.