Monday, November 08, 2004

Monday Update

Back to work after a three day weekend. Bahh!!!

Right now Mao is making it difficult to type. He decided to jump up on my lap and lay across the key board. Now there is hair on the keyboard.

Yesterday went really well. We did the usual cleaning and I made more krispie treats. Ashley made one of her famous pumpkin pies, at Chloe's request. Doug's beef stew was outstanding. Wanda brought krispie treats with a butterscotch/choclate frosting, yummy... And Deb brought an apple salad, it had Jonathan apples, pineapple, celery, grapes and pecans in a container on the side, for those who can have nuts. Deb also brought two white wines. I was only able to try one of the wines. For some reason I was not in a wine mood and it was all I could do to finish the first glass.

After everyone left I did a few of the dishes and went to bed. About a half hour after going to bed, Doug came into the bedroom and said, "Get up and come outside with me. It will be worth it!' I was tired and confused, but I did it anyway. Doug and Ashley were both outside when I got there. Ashley was in her slippers and Doug was barefoot. Thomas had originally called earlier in the evening while on his way home and had told Doug he thought he was seeing the Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights. He had called again and when Doug went out side he could also see them. When I got outside it was amazing, I had never seen anything like it before. The only other time I think I may have seen the Northern Lights it was nothing like this, so now I think this was actually my first time seeing them.

No comments: