Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Update

Day 2 of vacation.

Day 1 was pretty unexciting. I went to the Grande Ave garage sales in the morning. I bought a table cloth to use on our table on the patio and a book (The Best American Short Stories 2004). I stopped by Johnny's. They were selling the usual kids clothes and misc. They also had hot dogs and snow cones. I talked with John's mother for a little bit while having a hot dog and raspberry snow cone. Johnny gave me 3 boxes of Emer'gen-C, they were Raspberry, Tangerine and Lemon-Lime flavored. They are a fizzy vitamin drink. I have had them before and they are not too bad. After leave Grande Ave I stopped by a few more garage sales that I saw signs for. Everyone really puts too much value on thier junk. I did stop at one in Marion, I think the woman just wanted to get rid of her junk. The woman before me bought two items and it was a quarter. Then I bought two things marked a quarter each and it was just a quarter. I ended up spend a whole dollar all morning.

The rest of the day I made potato salad, refrigerator pickles, washed laundry and dishes. We watched the new Create channel. It is kind of a mixture of the Travek Channel, Food Network and Discovery.