Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Update

Happy Friday everyone! Vacation starts at 4:30 PM!!

Big crack and boom outside. It think we are ready for a big storm. Lights are still on....

Depending on Bobo we are hoping to go to Thomas and Diedre's Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe get in some fishing and Doug would like to go to the casino. I'm not sure about the casino, I think I would be bad luck. Maybe I can find something else to do. Then again, maybe I'm afraid I would win big and need 1-800-betsoff.

Last night we went to the Linn County Fair with Wanda and Mark. It was fun to look at what livestock they did have, nothing big like cows and horses. Mostly lambs and chickens. We saw some very beautiful and exotic chickens (also a few ugly ones). We also looked at all the 4H projects. We voted on the quilt squares and Doug almost signed up to make one for next year (Diedre's Grandma could have helped). He thought he was signing up to win one, but it was the sign-up list for next year. Thanks to Wanda his name was removed from the list. The music started shortly after we got there but it was not very good, The Large Midgets and Inch 75. Candlebox was playing later, but it was too late for us.

We also signed up to win a free solar car. When Mark told Wanda and I about it, we thought he meant a real car we could ride in. Turns out is was a small model car. Still it would be fun to win. Wanda wants one of the log sculptures made by the LogHoggers. There was a cute bear in a log. We also saw Mark's brother Roy with his electric truck and solar panels. Down from his demonstration was someone with a small monkey offering good luck for a quarter or a picture with the monkey for $5. Some poor little boy was getting his picture taken.

We ate pork sandwiches with chips & pop. Doug was not happy they were out of corn dogs. What's with that? A fair should never run out of corn dogs. Wanda wants to know why Carneys are so scurvy. I think it is the crack. We did sample some very good kettle corn. Wanda and Mark both bought some. After seeing everything there was to see we left and took a drive through the park that was near by. We saw a very nice camping spot, it was surrounded by trees and brush, you would most certainly need a lot of bug spray and bug lanterns.

When we got home Doug shot off a rocket he had been given by you know who. It went up very high and made a very big boom. It must have sounded like a gun shot to some, the next door neighbor came out to his deck with a flashlight and it looked like he was looking at his siding for a gun shot hole. Hmmm.........a few enemies maybe?

For those of you wondering, I believe this is the fair queen.

Brandy Zumbach, from Coggon, is the 17 year old daughter of Louie and Deb Zumbach. Brandy will be a Senior at North-Linn High School this fall. Her future plans are to attend Iowa State University.