Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday Update

Yesterday was an excellent day. First of all I did not have to work. In the morning I made a trip to Hy Vee and to the Salvation Army for another donation. Thomas showed up shortly after I got back home. We watched Apollo 13 with him while we got things ready for Doug's birthday party. It was a very busy afternoon, but well worth it.

We ended up having just about every kind of grilling meat you can think of (except steak). We had hot dogs (regular & vegetarian), brats, hamburgers (regular & vegetarian), pork steak, kebabs with chicken, onions, peppers, mushrooms and shrimp. Grilled vegetables and mushrooms. Baked pork & beans and vegetarian baked beans, broccoli & cauliflower salad, potato salad, black bean & corn dip w/tortilla chips, melon and triple chocolate cupcakes w/triple chocolate chip frosting. It was quite the feast.

We had the usual suspects (minus Jacob), plus Thomas, Diedre, Chloe, Ross, Amber, Matt, Gayla, Curtis, Byrn and a few surprise visitors; Justin, Jamie, Dan & Gail. A wonderful time was had by all.