Saturday, July 02, 2005

Saturday Update

I left work around 2:30 yesterday. It was nice getting off early before a three day weekend. We did not get our annual bomp pops, instead we got bagels from Brueggers.

When I got home Ashley and Doug were cleaning and Chloe was washing dishes. Thomas had finally strightened up his room. I joined in the cleaning after dropping Ashley off at drivers ed. She did not have one of her best drives because the instructor did not think that she was breaking in time.

Doug cleaned up most of the bedroom, with a little help from me. Today we will move the bed so we can vacuum entirely under the bed. We still have a whole list of cleaning and stuff to do before tomorrow. I think I will go scrub the shower now.

It was pretty quiet at home last night. Ashley and Thomas were at work and Chloe went to spend the night with Anna. mao was pretty much ignoring me until bedtime.

Oh, one more thing before I go. At about 2:30 this morning, I jumped up in bed and said, "Doug did you see those flames, sparks." There had been a loud pop sound and then when I jumped up and opened my eyes, I saw sparks falling from the ceiling. I don't know why I said flames. I guess because for a while I expected to see the house start on fire. Doug got up and went to the bathroom to check it out. Someone had turned the fan switch on and left it on. The fan overheated and that was when the pop sound happened and the sparks flew. When I went to unplug it the cord just fell off. I had a little trouble falling back to sleep because when I was up on the chair to unplug the fan, I touched the fan and it was very hot. I was still afraid that there was a fire happening in the attic. mao was a bit concerned for awhile as well. He came in and circled around while looking in the bathroom. Needless to say there was no fire, as we are are still safe and sound in our home.

No comments: