Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday Update

Yesterday was extremely boring at work. We were finished with most of the emails by 10:00. After that it was a race to see who could answer the one or two emails that trickled in every ten minutes. The supervisor (Diane) had us taking turns going in groups of two to the computer lab to play games like Dr Seuss ABC, Monsters Inc Bowling for Screams, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.

When I first got to work, I had an email from Diane that I was to see her first thing. She had a project for me, if I was up to it. I found out she wanted me to go to the marketing department at 2:00 to learn what they do to make promotion codes for Oracle (our customer/ordering data base). There are three people in the marketing department that are quiting to go work at Go Daddy. She told me I would be one of three people who were going to help in marketing until the positions were filled. And if I like what I learn I will be able to apply for one of the positions. Humm, new opportunity? Unfortunately, as usual, a message did not get back to Diane from our department manager Pam, that I was not supposed to go to marketing until Tuesday. They had decide to start the training on Tuesday instead. So I went back to my boring department and did nothing for the rest of the day.

I hope someone updates their blog today. It doesn't matter who updates. It's just that it is very boring to go to everyones blog in the morning to find out they haven't updated. Although the girls are pretty good at it.

Today we can wear shorts and tennis shoes to work if we want to. I am passing on shorts, but I will be wearing tennis shoes. My feet will be so happy! Because the day before a holiday weekend is usually even slower than a normal day we will be cleaning our areas, we are supposed to get a treat today, probably red, white & blue bomb pops. We get them every year before the 4th. We will also get early out if business is slow. Diane randomly drew names to see who she would send home first. I am number one on the list.

This is getting rather lengthy and I have to get ready for work now. I will probably see everyone early this afternoon.

No comments: