It's a nice sunny morning, I like that.
Yesterday I got out to the garden for a little bit. I planted Kentucky Blue pole-beans and 2 hills of cucumber seeds. I hope the cucumbers do better than last year. We put the seedlings that I have started (tomatoes, squash, peppers & eggplant) out on the patio. We thought it would be good for them to get some direct sunlight and the wind would help make them stronger.
In the afternoon we went to Sam's to pick up a few things for the taco bar today. We also shopped for Afton's 2nd birthday gift. The birthday party started at around 5:30, so we stayed home to watch the Kentucky Derby (Mine That Bird was the winner) and then we left immediately over to the party. They had lots of kids and adults show up. There was even one of those inflatable moon walk things there. It was rather large, enough room for quite a few kids at one time.
We did not stay at the party too long, we had plans to come home and have a fire in the pit at dark. We ended up burning off a little of our big pile of brush from the back yard. We still have a lot of brush to burn, so there will be many more fires this Spring & Summer. Doug gave Chloe a call while we were sitting around the fire and we found out she was in town at her Mom's. So she came over to sit with us until Ross got off work. She was going to stay at his house last night and is supposed to come here sometime this morning. Her friend Molly will not be here after all, she decided to visit her brother in Dubuque this weekend instead. Ross will be stopping by after work though and may bring a couple of friends. I am looking forward to the taco bar and Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
