Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday Update

One more day closer to the weekend!

Yesterday morning was a bit slick. To be safe I took 1st Ave. I also took it again when I went home. I had called Doug just before leaving work and he said the power was out in our neighborhood. As I drove down 1st Ave, I got to Walgreens and all the lights were out, stop lights and businesses. Only a few businesses must have had generators. I didn't see lights again until I got to Outback. Then everything beyond Outback was dark again. Even Lindale was dark. It looked like most of the south side of Marion was also with no power. It sure was an interesting drive home.

When I got home Doug had candle lit and led flashlights turned on. It was actually pretty bright in the house. We decided to have frozen pizza for supper since we could still use the stove. We didn't get power back until around 7:30. The worst thing is Doug thinks our big monitor blew a capacitor, it won't turn on. We now have a small monitor hooked up to the computer. It is a bummer.