We are having a great time in Eldora. We arrived at about 5:30 Friday evening. Diedre had crackers, bread, avocado dip, red pepper dip and pickles waiting for us to munch on while waiting for Ashley and Paul to arrive. They got here around 9:30. For supper we had a very yummy cheeseburger ring that Diedre baked. I will need to try it sometime. We also got to enjoy the company of Jenny Lu and Bella while waiting for Ash and Paul. Bella is so cute and the pets are so patient with her. Of course it helps when Bella feeds Luke crackers. After supper the kids play WII rock band (I think that is what it is called). It was fun to watch.
Saturday morning I slept in until around 8:30, everyone except for Paul was up before me. I was very tired after staying up until 12:30 AM. We ate cinnamon rolls Diedre had baked the night before and some of us had mimosas. I did not have a mimosa. We watched TV and talked until it was time for lunch. We went over to China One about 12:30, Raws and Chloe arrived shortly after we got there. We had a very nice lunch at the buffet and then we went back to Thomas and Diedre's until it was time for the Stampin' Up party at Jenny Lu's.
The Stampin' party was fun, however, I was very glad Ashley helped me with one of my last group of cards. Chloe and Ashley really found it fun for their first time at Stampin'. In fact after supper they went into the office with Diedre and blocked the door with the stampin table and it was a 'No Boy' zone. They did more Stampin'. Ashley is considering doing her wedding invites with stamps like Diedre did. She was experimenting with stamps. Chloe also made a couple of cards for co-workers.
While the girls were holed up in the office the boys went for a tour of the town and shopping for more pop. The chicken lasagnas baked in the oven while all of this was happening. The guys arrived back just before the lasagna was done. Thomas and the boys brought a card table and chairs up from the basement and we had a real Howe style meal. I think everyone is very full from the weekend. After a delicious supper, we also had my Lemon-Orange Cake and Banana shakes. Not to mention beer and some of us even did shots. I considered a shot, but chickened out. It is not becoming of a 53 year old woman to get sick in front of her children.
I went to bed before 11:30 last night and was up by 6 this morning. I have been enjoying the company of Parker. It seems you cannot be at the computer without him jumping on your lap and wanting lots of petting and snuggles. I love real cats. I also miss my little curmudgeon Mao.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
