Sunday, November 01, 2009

Sunday Update

Unfortunately we had a very slim turnout for Halloween. Only 6 kids showed up last night. A neighbor boy and his friend, Amy brought Ella (skeleton) & Breckin (business man), Dan & Gail were with them and Jacob brought Nick (mad scientist) & Ana (princess). I will post pictures once Doug transfers them from the camera.

We started to watch District 9 with Mark & Wanda, but we stopped when Jacob and the kids stopped by. After they left it was getting too late for us old folks to finish watching the movie. The best part of the night was when Ana animatedly tried to explain Halloween jokes to Doug. I had printed a list of Halloween jokes for Nick to read. Nick likes to tell jokes.

We also talked about old candy that you can't buy in the US any longer. Doug's favorite is Bar None. Here is an old commercial for it. I kind of miss the Bar None as well.