Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tuesday Update

It was a busy weekend. Saturday I spent at my Dad's until about 5:00. Sunday I slept in until almost 10:00. Then we had to grocery shop and get ready for our barbeque. The pork chops and chicken were excellent. Wanda's beans and pumpkin bars were also excellent. I loved the watermelon ice cream cake that Diedre brought from Dairy Queen. Sunday night we had a fire it was very relaxing. While we were sitting around the fire, two owls flew into the tree on the other side of the garage. They started hooting like crazy and then another owl from the distance started hooting. It was wild. Monday, Thomas and I went to my Dad's for about two hours. I cleaned out the linen closet and drawers, while Thomas ate an egg and hotdog concoction that Ilse cooked up. Then Thomas showed them some of his Oregon pictures until my Dad's eyes got tired. Before we left, we brought in some boxes from the garage that contain linens. Ilse has more linens and clothes than any 77 year old woman should have. I hope she decides to either store or get rid of most of it. Monday evening we had Mark and Wanda over for another barbeque. This time we had brats, hotdogs and hamburgers. Doug made his famous pasta salad. Wanda brought broccoli-cauliflower salad and cole slaw. Diedre wasn't able to come because she was on her Dad's boat and eating with them. Chloe was able to join us after work. And Matt brought his girl friend. Thomas went to Diedre's after supper and Chloe left to have fried ice cream at Carlos O'Kellys with some friends. At 7:00 we watched Star Wars specials. There were 2 different specials, the first was about the technology and the second was about all the different episodes.