Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday Update

The furniture didn't arrive to my Dad's house on Sunday after all. They were having a hard time sleeping on the air mattresses and refuse to come sleep here. My Dad and I went over to Gander Mountain and Diedre's Dad helped us find cots that they could sleep on until the furniture arrives. At least they are able to get a little sleep now. My Dad wants to try and do everything himself, even though he is still too tired and his glasses are bothering him. Yesterday I drove him on his errands in his station wagon and today Doug is going to convince him to let him help if he needs anything. We have to discourage him from driving around trying to find things while he is too tired, he just gets lost. He got lost finding our house yesterday. Luckily I was outside watching for him and I saw him turn around between 11th and 12th streets and pull over to the side of the street. He even got out of the car and started walking to the house on the corner of 11th while I was getting in the van to go get him. I hope things will go better today.