It was a busy weekend. Saturday morning was kind of lazy. In the afternoon, Doug and I went shopping at Theisens and then we planned to go back to Marion to grocery shop. After Theisens we stopped at the Aldi's on Blairsferry. When I got out of the store the sky started looking very dark in the west. As we drove towards Marion the darkness followed us. Just as we got close to Fareway it started pouring. Doug dropped me off at the door. While I was at the checkouts the carryout boys were coming in with soaked pants. Doug picked me up at the door and we went to Hy Vee. It was still pouring when I got done shopping, so Doug picked me up at the door again. When we got home we were putting groceries away and there was a big boom and a flash of lighting. Ashley and I were startled. I even held my hands up to my face like I was shielding it for some reason.
Okay, that was really boring.
Saturday evening Mark and Wanda came over to help with carrying the old sectional couch out to the garage. The old flowered couch from the living room is now in the day kitchen. We had lemon pepper fish and mashed potatoes for supper on Saturday around 9. It was a very late supper.
On Sunday we had baked potatoe soup (yummy) and pork and noodles (also yummy). Wanda brought her famous bagel dip. Only Mark and Wanda showed up for soup. Ashley was here and Chloe was at a show in Iowa City. I will end this before I put everyone to sleep. Yawn........
Long and Winding
16 years ago
