Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday Update

This past weekend was a good one for me. On Friday night I did my grocery shopping because I wanted to do my usual Sunday cleaning on Saturday instead. On Saturday, guess what, I cleaned house. Saturday night we made Focaccia Bread. It was more like pizza though. Very yummy pizza! With the leftover dough, Doug made bread sticks for Sunday dinner. He needs to make bread sticks more often, they were delicious. Sunday morning Ashley and I went to Cornell College for a day long visit. It was a nice day just a little windy. I cannot say how many times I walked up and down hills, Cornell has a beautiful, but hilly campus. Ashley and I could not help but notice how happy and fat all of the squirrels were. We sat in on three different sessions in the morning. The first was Art in McWethy Hall. The next was English, Religion and Philosophy in South Hall. The last was about student residence life in The Commons. We had a nice lunch of Caesar Salad, Chicken Alfredo, bread sticks, grapes and strawberries. Lemonade was the drink. For dessert they served a shortcake with berries and whipped topping. After lunch the Choir sang in King Chapel and then there were some speakers from the College. Then we went to the Small Multi-Sports Arena for the Activities Fair. Ashley signed up for a lot of different activities; yearbook, newspaper, ballroom dancing, Not Just for Grannies (knitting???), culinary, and many more that I cannot remember. Of course she just wanted to sign up to get info, getting involve in all of these groups sounds like a full time job to me. The last thing we did was a tour of the dorms. It was a short tour and we only looked inside of a couple of rooms and saw the lounges. Pauley-Rorem looked like the most inviting dorm for a first year student. Well this is longer than I had expected and I have to get ready for work. Later.....