Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saturday Update

Yesterday was a very good day off. It was Bashers Birthday, so first Ashley and I went to the Drivers License place so she could get rid of her intermediate license and get her regular license. Then we went to Naso's for lunch. The owner is a funny man. The salad bar with a sandwich is such a good deal. I had a large salad, ravioli soup, fish, turkey medallion and a reuben sandwich, plus Naso fries. Ooh was I full! At about 1:30, Ashley and I went shopping for her Birthday gift. We thought she could find something at Target. After looking at almost everything in the store, she ended up with a 3 pack of socks. ??? Then we decided to go to Kohl's, again nothing. Who is purchasing clothes for the stores to sell these days? The choices are terrible! So we went to Old Navy. She tried on a top, but she said it would only look good without a bra and with larger boobs. Next we went to Barnes and Noble. She choose parchment paper for writing calligraphy. We decided to try the Mall. We went to Payless, Sears (I bought a new little purse for myself for $5.66), Gap, American Eagle, Express, PacSun, Claire's, Hot Topic (Chloe wasn't working yet), Journey's and I think a couple of others that I don't know the name of. Ashley says she saw a couple of things at Hot Topic, so we might go back today when Chloe is working to get a discount. We then went to Best Buy to get a Birthday gift for Wanda, her Birthday is this Sunday. By this time it was after 5:00 and we were both pooped. We went home and saw Chloe for like 5 minutes and then she was off to work. We warmed up leftovers from Naso's for supper and Sam dropped by to give Ashley a Birthday card and wish her Happy Birthday. He left and Keeley and Nat stopped by with cupcakes and chatted for a while. We then went to Walmart to get a new cord for Ashley's amp and a light bulb for above the kitchen sink. It was the usual Nascar crowd at Walmart, I just don't feel like I fit in when I'm shopping there. We went home and Ashley played her bass for a while and then Chloe came home and we had Peach, Mango, Passion ice cream with sliced strawberries and cupcakes (from Keeley). I went to bed at around 11:00.

One last note, Chloe had some excitement at her school yesterday. At lunch two kids walked into the lunchroom dressed in Pink Panther costumes. They walked around for a few minutes and then one of the Xavier students made a comment about pink things and one of the Pink Panther boys flipped the food tray in the students face. The Pink Panther boys than took off for an exit which was being blocked by the Assistant Principal. They dashed for another door and the Assistant Principal (a female) tackled one of the boys and held him down. The other Pink Panther took off out the door and started to run across the school yard. As someone called on a cell phone for help, a male student pulled his shoes off and took off across the school yard to catch the other boy. He tackled him and held him down while another school offical caught up and put his foot on the boys neck to hold him down and started swearing at him to stay down. The boys were dressed in Linn-Mar shirts, but they were Washington students. Needless to say they were in a bit of trouble.