Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday Update

Yesterday started out busy. Jacob came over with Ana and Nick, so that Doug could bleed the breaks on his car. Jacob brought Cinnamin Bagels from Panera for everyone. It didn't take too long for them to finish with the car. Luckily, Doug did not add to his sunburn from the last time they worked on it. We then decided to go to the Metro Grill. I think the food is going downhill there. The honey chicken was pretty good, but not much else. I would rather have Doug's cooking any day. After we got done eating Chloe called and said she was at work and could we pick her up at 2. It was only a little after 12, so we drove to Target West and Ashley bought some shiny shoes to go with her prom dress. Next we stopped at Von Mauer to pick up her dress. She got a free watch, perfume (smells like window cleaner) and a small picture album (looks like it is for a 12 yr old) for buying her prom dress at Von Mauer. Then we stopped to see if we could take a look at the car Ashley was interested in buying. Doug talked to the mechanic and he said he is afraid the car she was going to buy has transmission problems. Doug said thats OK because he also has a Volvo for sale and it only needs a new paint job. It will cost $200 more than the other car, but would be well worth it. Ashley is now excited about the Volvo. Next we went to pick up Chloe from work. When we got home I put a Corned Beef Brisket in the roaster for supper. Later Doug made Corned Beef Hash from it. This was the best Corned Beef Hash I have ever had in my life. Yummy!!! We watched random shows on TV the rest of the night. I was dozing off and on, so I really can't remember much of what we were watching.