Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday Update

I feel that I have gotten a lot accomplished this weekend. Doug and I went grocery shopping after dropping Ashley off at work yesterday. We went to Hy Vee, Fareway and Sam's. When we got home I picked a bunch of vegetables from the garden. Tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, green peppers and green beans. There was a sink full of dishes to wash and then I cleaned out a very messy closet. I also washed quite a few loads of laundry. I chopped the eggplant to seat it for later when we made Ratatouli (sp?). After Ashley got home from work we started making supper, Thomas helped quite a bit with this. Supper involved chopping lots of vegetables. Doug did most of the chopping; peppers, onions and tomatoes. However, there were all the tomatoes gathered this week that needed to be blanched and chopped. I blanched the tomatoes, Thomas and I peeled and de-seeded the tomatoes and Doug chopped enough tomatoes to put in the salsa jar. After so much chopping Doug needed a break. I finished chopping the rest of the tomatoes needed for supper and for use today. I almost forgot, we also baked potatoes while we were preparing supper. The potatoes are for the potato skins we are making today. Needless to say everything took awhile and we did not actually eat supper until about 9:45. It was very delicious and well worth the wait!

No comments: