Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Update

I'm having a good extended weekend. Gardening, mowing, painting the bathroom trim. Not finished with the bathroom yet. It seems like everything takes 3 times as long as we think it will. It is coming along good though.

Last night we decide to get out and get away from the bathroom work for awhile. John and Jessica had invited us over for a grill out. It was a smaller gathering than the birthday parties usually are. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans with bacon and hamburger, watermelon, crudites and chips. Of course after eating, John brought out the sno-cone machine. Ross and Chloe even stopped by. It was fun. Then we all went back home and Wanda & Mark stopped by to see our progress on the bathroom and to hear some of Chloe's Nicaragua stories.

Today we are having our annual Memorial Day gathering. We will have riblets, Spring Salad, dinner rolls and Krusteaz lemon bars. Wanda is bringing watermelon, cheese & crackers.

I can't wait for next weekend to have all the kids and their others here. I hope the weather will be nice and not too hot.