I had two free meals yesterday. The first was in Green Square Park. It was put on by Alliant and the downtown ass_ _ _ _ _. I had a grilled chicken sandwich, pasta salad, pickle, watermellon, brownie and a Dew. I second was paid for by our site manager. It was Chinese from some place I never heard of, I don't even remember the name. I had Mongolian beef with fried rice. There weren't any vegetables in the rice and there were more onions than beef.
Starting Monday I will be tracking the steps I take each day through the 10000 Staep a Day challenge through our Cigna health plan. I could win an Ipod. We received our pedometers yesterday at work. It is very nice with a compass that you press to open the cover that has the settings buttons inside. I enter my weight and stride length and it keeps track of my steps. The steps will be logged at a Cigna web site and I am supposed to be able to calculate how may steps I need to take each day to maintain my present weight or to loss weight.
Last night I took a 45 minute walk in the downtown area around the library and over to Walgreens. I was only able to take a total of 6868 steps yesterday. Although I think I need to figure out exactly were to wear it to make it work best. Some times I walk clear across the house and it only records 2 steps. Oh well, I have until Monday to try and figure it out.
Last night Bobo paid us a surprise visit. She called after 9:30 to tell Doug she was in town at Katie's and she wanted to stay the night at our house. It's too bad it is so hot and muggy right now. We had to block off the day kitchen area and let her sleep on the couch because her room was too hot.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
