Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday Update

I did not get a chance to update yesterday, because we had to leave early to take Ashley to Iowa City for her ACT test. She said the worst part was the science. She didn't understand much of it. Doug and I had to set in the downtown parkade for about 4 hours. he read the Frank Zappa book and got a few good laughs and I started reading the Douglas Adams biography. We did get out to stretch our legs and take a walk for awhile. Doug said all of his favorite places are all gone now. We went into the mall and it was a sad state, the whole upstairs was empty except for a small movie theater and some gumball machines. We each had a slice of pizza from Sbarros. It was not the best pzza I ever had and it was rather pricey.

When we got back to town we picked up Scout (Thomas' car). The brakes are now safe and he just needs to get the struts fixed next. He will practically have a new car, except for the body. He and Doug plan to do some body work on both their cars this year.

The rest of the day was pretty busy as well. Once we got home, Ashley and I went to the bread store to get buns and shortcakes for today. Ashley drove without any incident. Then we went to Sam's, Ashley did not drive there. She is a bit nervous about busy streets. After Sam's we dropped off the cold food at home and Ashley drove over to Hy-Vee so we could finish our shopping.

Before supper I watered the garden and picked 3 more strawberries. I got five strawberries on Friday. Oh so juicey.

No comments: