Saturday, June 04, 2005

Saturday Update

Yesterday was kind of busy for me. I had the day off from work and had intended to go to Mercy care early in the day to have my lumpy ear looked at. Abot 7:45 Peggy from Hy-Vee called and asked if Ashley would be available to work around 11. So then I knew I would have to wait until later to go to Mercy Care.

I took Ashley to work and then went to Goodwill to try and find some jeans. I purchased 1 pair of jeans, 2 blouses, a long sleeved shirt, a mixing bowl with the multi -colored swirls as seen on 30-Minute Meals, a $2.38 Corona typwriter for Ashley and a Stephen Ambrose book "Citizen Soldiers" for Doug. After Goodwill, I went back to Hy-Vee to do some shopping. Then I went home to put the groceries away and ate two pieces of pizza before going to Mercy Care. That was a waste of two hours. They had an intern look at my ear for about 3 seconds. She told me none of the doctors there would touch it. I know it is gross, but come on! Now I have to wait until July 21 to have it removed by a dermatologist. When I got home, Thomas, Chloe and I went to Target and bought Doug's birthday gift. It is a Uniden two handset 5.8 Gegahertz phone system. I can write about it here on the day before his birthday, because the kids and I could not wait and gave it to him last night. He was very happy and surprised.

This is getting rather long, so I will wrap it up. Today I plan on defrosting freezers, helping Doug prep for the Sunday meal and clean Thumper's smelly tank.

No comments: