Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday Update

Yesterday was a pretty easy Sunday. I finished up the house cleaning (laundry, dishes, vacuum, bathrooms). I also baked cupcakes. Mao was feeling a bit sick (Too much cheese we think), so I had to clean up after him several times. He even turned his head away from cheese for most of the day. Although Doug said by late evening he was asking for cheese again.

The Soup Sunday meal was fantastic. The soup was perfect and I am really loving the popcorn. Wanda brought Fantastic French Bread and it is just that. She also brought an Apple Waldorf type salad. Jacob & Sara brought stir fry veggies and she cooked them in our wok. For dessert we had the Red Velvet cupcakes I made earlier in the day.

Jacob and Sara left around 7:30 to go sing karaoke. Jacob is entering in a contest that runs 12 weeks and could win him $1,000. I have never heard him sing, so we don't know how good he is. Mark and Wanda stayed and we watched The Final Season. This movie is about the final season for the Norway, IA high school baseball team. It wasn't a bad movie for a sports movie.

I went to bed around 10. At about 12 Doug came in and said Lawnboy's house was on fire and the fire trucks were across the street. Whatever happened they must have put it out pretty quickly. Doug thought it might have been on the second floor as they had the ladder truck there as well. The house is still standing this morning and I even see a light on the first floor. I think they may have spent the night at Batman's house, because Doug said he saw them taking the kids across the street while the fire trucks were there.